Who We Are
International cultural institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for storytelling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, and travelling exhibitions. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners, and spaces.
In 2019 we’ve worked with 72 culturally focused clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse – interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about the health of the oceans; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2020. More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and storytelling challenges of our time.
Working closely with the animation lead, the 3-D generalist will work on a range of tasks throughout the 3D production pipeline. This is a 6-month contract position. The primary focus is a large scale 360 degree linear media piece, although the contractor will also contribute to other ongoing projects.
What We Need: Big Picture
Diverse Skills – You are fluent and creative. You combine mastery of the mechanics of 3D production with a creative energy that gives life to your work. You are comfortable throughout the 3D pipeline and can model, texture, sculpt, and work with lighting. You have basic fluency with motion graphics, compositing, and animation. You are happy for your focus to shift in response to project demands.
Self-reliance – You are comfortable working independently. You ask the questions you need to ensure you understand the task, and then execute. You solve problems and work through challenge and ambiguity. You also recognize when it’s time to ask for guidance, clarification or support.
Communicate and collaborate – You understand guiding objectives and creative concepts. Working from concept art, you are willing to take ideas further, and to respond flexibly through an iterative production process. You communicate clearly, engage productively in group discussion, and bring ideas to life with a pencil in your hand.
Contribute to our team – You are joining a growing team of creative professionals, committed to a healthy working environment. We tell cultural stories that matter and expect people to help make NGX a place where collaboration, respect, and playfulness are at the core of our work. You will contribute positively to a joyful workplace culture.
- Primary: Create 3D art for 360o linear media project under the direction of the animation lead.
- Secondary: Contribute to other linear media and interactive projects.
- Develop and refine animation in collaboration with other stakeholders including a producer, project manager, content lead, and an animation lead.
- Deliver on time.
- Contribute positively to the NGX workplace.
Pre-requisite Experiences and Skills
- A portfolio that reflects your skills and range.
- Demonstrated experience through all phases of the 3D production pipeline.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems and find solutions independent of supervisor input.
- Experience working in a creative setting, with proven ability to participate in design discussions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple workflows with grace and poise.
- Fluency with Maya and Adobe Suite. Cinema 4D or Houdini are a bonus.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- Team player who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic creative environment.
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed
- Please apply via the form below or email to email@example.com.
- Please include “3-D Generalist” in the subject line
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.