3-D Motion Graphics Artist
Who we are
International cultural institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for storytelling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, and travelling exhibitions. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners, and spaces.
In 2019 we’ve worked with 72 culturally focused clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse – interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about the health of the oceans; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2020. More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and storytelling challenges of our time.
Working closely with the animation lead, the 3-D Motion Graphics Artist will create custom motion graphics and abstract art for original NGX productions. This is a 6-month contract position. The primary focus is a large scale 360 degree linear media piece, although the contractor will also contribute to other ongoing projects.
What we need: Big Picture
Cutting edge skills – You are fluent and creative. You combine mastery of the mechanics of 3D production software with a creative energy that gives life to your work. You have experience with both representational and abstract forms. Your demo reel reflects your visual range and your comfort with diverse styles.
Self-reliance – You are comfortable working independently. You ask the questions you need to ensure you understand the task, and then execute. You solve problems and work through challenge and ambiguity. You also recognize when it’s time to ask for guidance, clarification or support.
Communicate and collaborate – You understand guiding objectives and creative concepts. Working from concept art, you are willing to take ideas further, and to respond flexibly through an iterative production process. You communicate clearly, engage productively in group discussion, and bring ideas to life with a pencil in your hand.
Contribute to our team – You are joining a growing team of creative professionals, committed to a healthy working environment. We tell cultural stories that matter and expect people to help make NGX a place where collaboration, respect, and playfulness are at the core of our work. You will contribute positively to a joyful workplace culture.
- Primary: Create 3D motion graphics and abstract art for 360o linear media project under the direction of the animation lead.
- Secondary: Contribute to other linear media and interactive projects.
- Develop and refine animation in collaboration with other stakeholders including a producer, project manager, content lead, and an animation lead.
- Deliver on time.
- Contribute positively to the NGX workplace.
Pre-requisite experiences and skills
- A demo reel that reflects your skills and range.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems and find solutions independent of supervisor input.
- Experience working in a creative setting, with proven ability to participate in design discussions.
- Proven ability to manage multiple workflows with grace and poise.
- Fluency with Houdini, Maya, After Effects, or Cinema 4D.
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- Team player who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic creative environment.
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed
- Please apply via the form below or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please include “3-D Motion Graphics Artist” in the subject line
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.