NGX: Who We Are
International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for story-telling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, expositions, and travelling exhibits. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners and spaces.
In 2020 we worked with 72 culturally focussed clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse – interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about ancestral buffalo hunting; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2021. More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and story-telling challenges of our time.
Working closely with the animation lead, the 3-D Motion Graphics Artist will create custom motion graphics and abstract art for a range of original NGX productions.
What We Need: Big Picture
Cutting edge skills
You are fluent and creative. You combine mastery of the mechanics of 3D production software with a creative energy that gives life to your work. You have experience with both representational and abstract forms and can handle conceptual exploration. Your demo reel reflects your visual range and your comfort with diverse styles.
You are comfortable working independently. You ask the questions you need to ensure you understand the task, and then execute. You solve problems and work through challenge and ambiguity. You also recognize when it’s time to ask for guidance, clarification or support.
Communicate and collaborate.
You understand guiding objectives and creative concepts. Working from concept art, you are willing to take ideas further, and to respond flexibly through an iterative production process. You communicate clearly, engage productively in group discussion, and bring ideas to life with a stylus in your hand.
Contribute to our team
You are joining a growing team of creative professionals, committed to a healthy working environment. We tell cultural stories that matter and expect people to help make NGX a place where collaboration, respect, and playfulness are at the core of our work. You are invited to contribute positively to a joyful workplace culture.
- Primary: Create advanced 2D and 3D motion graphics and abstract art for linear media projects under the direction of the animation lead.
- This also includes, but is not limited to compositing, kinetic typography, and related contemporary motion practices
- Develop and refine animations from initial concept to final execution.
- Collaborate creatively with other stakeholders including a producer, project manager, content lead, and an animation lead.
- Contribute positively to the NGX workplace.
Pre-requisite Experiences and Skills
- 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- A demo reel that reflects your skills and range.
- Self-starter, able to solve problems and find solutions independent of supervisor input.
- Experience working in a creative setting, with proven ability to participate in creative discussions.l
- Proven ability to manage multiple workflows with grace and poise.
- Fluency with Houdini and/or Cinema 4D is necessary
- Experience with procedural modeling
- Experience with Adobe Suite and/or Autodesk Maya is helpful
- Strong verbal and visual communication skills.
- Team player who can thrive in a collaborative and dynamic creative environment.
- Ready to start as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Send a Cover Letter, Résumé, and a link to your demo reel to email@example.com. Please include the job name in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please describe how your experience makes you a good fit for the role, and for our company. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that we can’t respond to all applicants. No phone calls please.