Digital Designer – 10 Month Employment Contract
NGX Interactive is looking for an organized and creative Digital Designer to join us for a 10+ month (March – Dec) employment contract to plan and develop user interfaces for a variety of digital interactive museum exhibits.
NGX Interactive creates digital interactive storytelling experiences for museums, discovery centers, exhibitions and other community-based cultural and educational events. This includes the planning, management, design, development and maintenance of custom digital interactive solutions.
We are a growing team of passionate can-do individuals from a diverse range of professional backgrounds and personal interests. We share a real excitement about creating the next “wow” experience for our clients.
- Create wireframes and userflow documents
- Build UI screen mockups and component kits
- Research design and artistic precedents for compelling vision boards
- Flow large amounts of content into presentation documents
- Communicate ideas and concepts with internal teams
- Understanding and incorporating ADA compliance into all design choices
- Efficiently organize and present design work, owning and organizing master documents
- Take ownership of production tasks, respecting technical constraints, project guidelines, client and team inputs
- Be part of a creative, positive, productive, and collaborative team environment
What we are looking for:
- A portfolio of design work showing interactive UI, graphic layout and typography – digital or other
- Creative conceptual thinking – not just making pretty things, but demonstrating the rationale and thinking behind solutions
- Clarity and ability to use visual representations for complex ideas, systems and concepts
- An excellent handle on Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Adaptability to create with product and prototyping tools – XD, Sketch, Marvel, etc
- Next level communication, teamwork and organizational skills on large complex projects!
- Candidates located in Vancouver, BC, Canada are preferred.
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
- Please include the job name in the subject line
- Please include a link to your design portfolio
- Please apply via the form below or email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.