We create interactive narrative experiences for immersive environments like museums. International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable ways. We make that happen.
NGX is looking for a talented junior to intermediate Digital Designer for a 2.5 month, full-time subcontractor position. Candidates with part-time availability will also be considered.
The Digital Designer will take creative concepts and translate them into beautiful user interfaces. The focus of this role is to design screen-based interactive exhibits of various formats and spatial contexts, from UX documentation into UI production. This is a key role to bring ideas to visual and functional life, working with a multidisciplinary team – designers, writers, animators, producers, developers, and others.
- Clearly document and articulate the design vision for various projects, from early sketches and moodboards to wireframes to beautiful mockups and prototypes
- Prepare assets for developer handoff and ensure that design elements are appropriately integrated into software during production
- Maintain a cohesive system of design components and styles across a wide range of screen designs of multiple sizes and orientations
- Collaborate creatively with project teams
Required Experience and Skills
- 2+ years of UX/UI design experience working on a design team
- A diverse portfolio that demonstrates your visual range
- Fluency in digital screen design software (Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD) and Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Highly organized and resilient, team-oriented, and can multitask and prioritize deliverables
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to present project progress and contribute to conceptual discussions
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for quality
- Flexible and willing to learn and adapt
- Pacific Time Zone location preferred, relatively similar working hours required
- Secondary specialties like illustration, motion graphics, animation…
- Experience with design systems
- Familiarity with inclusive design and accessibility for digital experiences
- Experience designing with multiple languages
- Interest in experiential design beyond the screen
- A basic understanding of coding and programming to allow for strong connections with the tech team
- Demonstrated engagement with arts, culture, education, history, or science
How to Apply
Send a Cover Letter, Résumé, and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com. Please include the job name in the subject line.
In your cover letter, briefly describe how your experience makes you a good fit for the role, and for our company. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Please specify your rates and availability. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.