ngx: Who we are
ngx creates media experiences for story-telling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, expositions, and travelling exhibitions. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners and spaces.
We have worked with 72 culturally focussed clients in 8 countries producing over 700 media experiences. We are currently working on a wide range of projects including the Grand Egyptian Museum, World Expo Dubai 2020, ILMI Science Museum, and the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. We will have more than 10 million visitors world-wide interact with our work this year.
We are a growing group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are currently at 40 and we expect to increase our team by 50% over the next 6-12 months.
The Head of People reports directly to the CEO and is a hands-on role promoting and cultivating studio culture, driving talent and performance management improvements. The position will lead the strategy and execution of critical scaling initiatives and will manage most HR processes and tools. Ability to work cross-functionally, understand the pulse of the organization and influence at all levels is important. The role will have some administration support but currently does not have any direct reports.
Top 5 things this person will accomplish in their first year:
1) Identify, cultivate, evaluate and onboard local, national and international talent across all departments to support scaling requirements for ngx
2) Co-develop and implement training program for employees
3) Complete a People evaluation across the company and recommend & execute areas for improvement and focus; assessing people focused processes, including employee engagement, performance/talent management, studio culture,.
4) Work with sr mgmt to create a framework for people optimization initiatives and identify key areas for improvement and change.
5) Work with sr mgmt in the transition to hybrid (remote+in-person) working model for ngx; including revisions to policies and procedures and recommendations for supporting studio culture
- Recruiting Strategy: Evaluate talent landscape and develop recruitment, succession and development plans, including strategy for freelance rosters, to ensure a strong bench of talent for key roles, with ngx’s core values in mind. Includes network development, evaluation and onboarding of all ngx employees and contractors.
- Compensation Benchmarking: Research and maintain salary benchmarking data from relevant sources to inform salary adjustments and planning.
- Talent Management and Development: Evaluate and lead performance management practices including job description consistency, professional development and training, management and mentorship, and performance improvement measures.
- Studio Culture: Demonstrated leadership is required in terms of both people and behavior leadership, setting the example for others to follow. Work with ngx sr mgmt. and leads across the company to shape our culture. Embed and promote ngx’s Core Values while helping to build motivation and affiliation.
- Employee Relations: Coach employees at all levels in the company; bringing concerns to leadership or facilitating discussions with other employees with a mindset toward productive problem-solving
Employee Policies & Procedures
People Operations Processes and Tools
Employment & Labor Law Compliance
Strong network development skills and talent evaluation
Strong organizational development capabilities and leadership skills
Experience managing and building trust with differing groups of individuals
Must understand the talent ecosystem and bring strategies to inform supporting the full employee talent life cycle
Results oriented and “hands on” approach
Strong consultative, coaching, communication and influence skills
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter explaining why they want to work for NGX – and why they are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
Please submit your application to work (@) ngxinteractive.com
Thank you for your interest. Please note that we can’t respond to all applicants. No phone calls please.