Interactive Designers (Contract)
NGX Interactive is looking for freelance designers, art directors, and artists to help us create interactive exhibits for museums and cultural spaces. Join our studio!
We create digital interactive experiences for immersive environments like museums, science centres, and exhibitions. International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable ways. We make that happen.
We’re seeking different skillsets and possibilities:
- Jump in for weeks or months at a time, enjoying the flexibility of not being full-time
- Take on small projects in addition to your existing design work
- Contribute one or more specialized skills to create user interfaces within our project lifecycle: from broad concepts to detailed production work
- Join the team periodically in our Vancouver office for hands-on testing with various hardware or exhibit builds
And, we’re looking for different levels of experience:
- Junior designers looking to work on diverse projects with good guidance and mentorship
- Intermediate/Senior art directors or designers comfortable taking the lead on a project
- Varying artistic backgrounds, looking to pivot into digital with a unique skillset
What you’ll be doing:
- Creating interface design for digital exhibits of various screen formats and sizes, for museums and other cultural sector spaces
- Designing user interface solutions using contemporary design tools – Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, other tools you can bring to the process
- Producing design work that follows exhibition style guides, client specified requirements, and team feedback
- Collaborating with a variety of team members on projects
What we look for:
- A design portfolio demonstrative of your current level of experience
- An excellent handle on design software – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD, Sketch
- Additional skills augmenting your design skillset – prototyping, motion, illustration, etc. Tell us!
- Next level communication and organizational skills
- Proven experience and resilience to handle responsibilities and deadlines
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for quality
We want to hear from you!
To apply, please email email@example.com (including job name in the subject line).
- Please include your resume with a link to your online portfolio
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – tell us why you are a good match! Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
- Please let us know your preference for full time work, contract work, or both
- Please include your rates
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.