NGX is seeking freelance software developers to work on one or more of our projects. Join our roster!
NGX creates digital interactive storytelling experiences for museums, discovery centers, exhibitions and other community-based cultural and educational events. This includes the planning, management, design, development and maintenance of custom digital interactive solutions.
We are a growing team of passionate “can do” individuals from a diverse range of professional backgrounds and personal interests. We share a real excitement about creating the next “wow” experience for our clients.
We’re seeking different skillsets and scenarios, folks who can:
- Jump in for weeks or months at a time, enjoying the flexibility of not being full-time
- Take on small projects in addition your existing work
- Contribute one or more specialized skills in either Unity 3D or Web Technologies
- Join team periodically at Vancouver office for hands on testing and bug fixing if needed
What you’ll be doing:
- Software development for interactive digital media installations for museums or other cultural sector contexts.
- Some projects may require development of a supporting CMS system (likely using WordPress).
- Developing software according to UI/UX designs and mock-ups, client specified requirements and feedback.
- Collaborating with cross-function team members who may have varying levels of technical literacy, with ability to communicate technical solutions to identified challenges
- Passion for extending the bounds of HCI and for developing engaging digital experiences for our clients
- Education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, with specialization in HCI or Digital Media
- 2-4 years’ experience in software development and/or game engineering
- Solid proficiency with Unity, C# 2-4 years’ experience
- And/Or alternatively solid proficiency in Web and Mobile technologies of 2 – 4 years’ experience
- Maturity and resilience to handle responsibilities and deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume with links to your work or online portfolio
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
- Please include the job name in the subject line
- Please let us know your preference for full time work, contract work, or both
- Please include your $ rates
- Please include a link to your portfolio
- Please apply via the form below or email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.