NGX: Who We Are
International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for story-telling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, expositions, and travelling exhibits. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners and spaces.
In 2020 we worked with 72 culturally focussed clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse – interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about the health of the oceans; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2020. More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and story-telling challenges of our time.
The junior technical PM will be the liaison between the Tech department and the PM and Producer departments during install and support phases. They will take the baton from the PM and Producer to lead client and internal communications, create estimates, and plan resourcing when a project transitions from production to install. They will ensure all the different moving pieces are in order and stakeholders’ expectations are set and communicated. The technical PM will also work with the technical team throughout all project phases to ensure strong technical documentation and process.
The junior technical PM will report to the Production Manager.
The role would consist of the following responsibilities:
- Lead project install planning for projects with tech team, including attending software reviews during production to familiarize self with software, reviewing technical documentation, create project install plans with inputs from the project PM and technical team.
- Lead the install coordination and communication with the internal team, client, fabricator and AV integrator, include CMS training
- Help in the creation and reviewing of operations manuals
- Lead support, which includes
-Communicate with the client on what the issue is, status of fix, etc.
-Create an internal support ticket
-Relay issues to tech team and working with them to create a support plan
-Resource team and oversee support plan
- Lead change order requests after project completion, which includes
-Communicate with the client on what updates/changes they would like
-Create a change order ticket
-Create an estimate
-Create a schedule and resourcing plan for change order
-Lead the change order updates, including managing the schedule and budget, and leading the internal team.
- Manage technical overview documentation
-Synchronize (and ensuring) complete technical documentation at each stage of planning and production (functional requirements, hardware lists, architecture diagrams, etc.)
-Ensure technical documentation is captured consistently on preferred platforms at relevant stages of the project-
-Organize, attend, and capture notes on code reviews (between two team members) at relevant project stages
- Help with QA testing as needed
- Act as a conduit between the tech & PM department
- Help implement tech team process initiatives
The ideal candidate will have the desired skills and experience:
- Minimum of two years project manager experience in software development or technical field
- Aptitude for requirements analysis, information architecture, user experience
- Understanding of technical documentation as well as floor plans, renders, & elevations
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical and non-technical details for complex projects
- Confidence in establishing and maintaining relationships with partners (e.g. fabricators and subcontractors) and internal team members clients
- Capacity to handle responsibilities and deadlines, while maintaining a sense of humour
- Ability to write internal and client-facing documentation or such as technical briefs
- Maturity to make astute decisions, independently and as part of a team
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to contribute to development of internal process
- Continued desire to learn about project management, exhibit design, and technology
- Proficiency with Project Management Tools
How to Apply:
Submit a Cover Letter along with your résumé to Mindy Roh (mroh @ ngxinteractive.com).
In your cover letter, please describe how your experience makes you a good fit for the role, and for our company. Candidates who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that we can’t respond to all applicants. No phone calls please.