NGX: Who We Are
International institutions want to reach contemporary audiences in unforgettable and thought-provoking ways. We help them to make that happen.
We create narrative experiences for story-telling environments like museums, galleries, science centres, themed attractions, expositions, and travelling exhibits. We work at a dynamic intersection of subjects, technologies, audiences, stakeholders, partners and spaces.
In 2020 we worked with 72 culturally focussed clients in 8 countries. Our outputs are diverse – interactive conversations with avatars of holocaust survivors; a multiplayer game about the health of the oceans; immersive linear animation and collaborative play to tell Canada’s story at Expo 2021 More than 10 million visitors will interact with our work this year.
We are a group of thinkers, tinkerers, designers, artists, gamers, developers and storytellers who bridge disciplines to build experiences from scratch. We are flexible, curious, and fascinated by the design and story-telling challenges of our time.
Our Project Managers lead our teams through the conceptualization, planning, design, development, installation, and support of our digital interactive exhibits. On a given day, they may change gears between strategizing the team’s resourcing, testing our software exhibits, organizing the design or development of our custom software, coordinating our hardware recommendations, working with exhibit fabricators, contributing to our concept design, leading internal meetings and working sessions, and documenting our solution. The core of this role is budget, schedule, resourcing and scope, but beyond that, there is an opportunity for each project manager to influence the creative and technical outcome of their projects with ideas for content, design, and technology.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Formal training in project management, exhibit design, and / or digital technologies
- Aptitude for requirements analysis, information architecture, user experience
- Understanding of the exhibit planning process, including floor plans, renders, & elevations
- Demonstrated ability to manage both technical and non-technical details for complex projects
- Confidence in establishing and maintaining relationships with partners (e.g. fabricators and subcontractors) and internal team members clients
- Capacity to handle responsibilities and deadlines, while maintaining a sense of humour
- Ability to write internal and client-facing documentation, including conceptual or technical briefs
- Maturity to make astute decisions, independently and as part of a team
- Flair for understanding what makes strong digital exhibits in museums and science centres
- Dedication to excellence to help our company continue to exceed client expectations
- Unflappable determination to overcome obstacles and work with the team to find solutions
- Resilient and resourceful, with a keen and unusually precise attention to detail
- Willingness to contribute to development of internal process
- Continued desire to learn about project management, exhibit design, and technology
- Proficiency with Project Management Tools
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their resume and a cover letter to work (@) ngxinteractive.com explaining why they want to work for NGX – and why they are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that we can’t respond to all applicants. No phone calls please.