Visual Interaction UI Designer — Freelance + Term Contract
Hi, we hear you’re an amazing visual interaction designer, tell us more! Join our creative studio team and help us create digital experiences for museums, entertainment and cultural focused spaces.
NGX Interactive creates digital interactive storytelling experiences for museums, discovery centers, exhibitions and other community-based cultural and educational events. This includes the planning, management, design, development and maintenance of custom digital interactive solutions.
We’re seeking different skillsets and scenarios:
- Jump in for weeks or months at a time (maybe more if you are as good as they say)
- Confident leading small UI projects or supporting a broader team on the big ones
- Contribute with your specialized skills: UX maps, UI style frames and mockups, wireframes, illustration, storyboard art, icons, typography, visual communication, etc
- Intuitively understand how to use visual representations for complex ideas, systems and concepts
- Comprehensive understanding of inclusive design and accessibility within digital interactives
And, we’re looking for different levels of experience:
- Junior designers looking to work on diverse and exciting smaller projects with guidance and mentorship
- Intermediate/Senior designers (5+ years) who know how to lead a digital interactive project
What we look for:
- Design work examples showing awe inspiring visual communication through layout and typography
- Artistic skills – illustration, concept art, animation, etc
- Creative conceptual thinking – not just making pretty things, but demonstrating the thinking and rationale behind solutions
- An excellent handle on Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Adaptability to create with product design and prototyping tools – XD, Sketch, Principle, Marvel, etc
- Next level communication and organizational skills
How to Apply:
- Please include your resume with links to your work or online portfolio
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role. Candidates without a cover letter will not be short listed.
- Please include the job name in the subject line
- Please let us know your preference for full time work, contract work, or both
- Please include your $ rates
- Please include a link to your portfolio
- Please apply via the form below or email to email@example.com.
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, please understand we aren’t able to respond to everyone. No phone calls, please.