NGX is seeking freelance web developers to work on one or more museum-related projects.
NGX creates digital interactive storytelling experiences for museums, discovery centres, exhibitions and other community-based cultural and educational events. This includes the planning, management, design, development and maintenance of custom digital interactive solutions.
We are a growing team of passionate can-do individuals from a diverse range of professional backgrounds and personal interests. We share a real excitement about creating the next “wow” experience for our clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Software development for interactive digital media installations for a history/science museum context.
- Some applications may require integration with a CMS system
- for our institutional clients this tends to be Drupal other projects this could be WordPress
- Developing software according to UI/UX designs and mock-ups, client-specified requirements and feedback.
- Collaborating with cross-function team members who may have varying levels of technical literacy, with ability to communicate technical solutions to identified challenges
- Passion for creating fun, intuitive, front-end applications and developing engaging digital experiences for our clients
- Education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, with specialization in HCI or Digital Media
- 2-5 years’ experience in software development and/or game engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience Web technologies with solid skills in building responsive websites
- Strong familiarity with WCAG 2.0 and experience building fully accessibility compliant websites
- Maturity and resilience to handle responsibilities and deadlines independently and to work well as part of a team
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to delivering excellence and meeting high standards for QA
- Unity 3D experience
- Mobile application development
- VR/AR development
- Working on physical, digital media interactive installations
How to Apply
- Please include your resume with links to your work or online portfolio
- Please include a cover letter explaining why you want to work for NGX – and why you are a good match for the role.
- Candidates without a cover letter will not be invited to interview
- Please let us know your preference for full-time work, contract work, or both
- Please include your $ rates
- Please email a cover letter and resume to
- Please include “Front-end Web Developer – Contract” in the subject line
Thank you for your expression of interest. While every application is appreciated, but please understand we aren’t able to respond to every application we receive. No phone calls, please.